Topic: Macbook with Fireface UC emits quiet fuzzy sound from speakers

I recently bought a new Fireface UC to work with Logic on my MacBook. (Mac OSX 10.5.8)  Unfortunately the sound is coming out only in quiet crackles from my speakers and headphones.  I went through a huge number of steps towards repairing this problem with a guy from Synthax, on the phone, yesterday, but, in the end, we were unable to repair the problem.  I tried the Fireface with another computer in the house, a PC, and the sound was actually fine, so it appears it is a problem with my computer, and I was offered the suggestion from a friend that it might be my old Digidesign/Protools software getting in the way.  (when I am playing a logic file, and the sound is sounding fuzzy, I also get the error message:  "Error while trying to synchronize audio and midi.  Sample rate 50003 recognized.  Check conflict between logic pro and external device.")

Please help me out!

Philippe

Re: Macbook with Fireface UC emits quiet fuzzy sound from speakers

Parallels or similar installed on the Mac?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias,  What other parallels might there be, apart from my digidesign/protools/mbox things?  I've fundamentally deleted all traces i've been able to find of them.  I also use Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Finale Music Notation software...

Thanks,

Philippe

He meant this: http://www.parallels.com/

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

not to sound totally out of it, but what do i do with parallels once i've downloaded it?  I'm sort of new to this.

Thanks,

Phildock

You're not supposed to do anything... This was just a question whether you had it installed... Apparently you don't...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME