Topic: Latest HDSP 9632 driver is not recognized from Vista x64

I'am using for many years my HDSP 9632 (PCI) and I had never experienced problems with any of the RME gear.

Now I switched to 64bit. Due to Matrox, who does not want to update the graphic driver for Windows7 and some very expensive softwareupgrates I decided to use Vista Ultimate x64.

I have installed everyting from the scratch. The hardware manager recognized my audio device from roland, without any problems.

So I downloaded the latest HDSP driver from RME: hdsp_wdm_3083.zip. I unziped it and showed the saved file to the installation manager. But Vista did not recognized the driver software:

The message:
Audiocontroller could not been installed. The driversoftware for the device has not been found.

I mean how is this possible. I have shown the right folder to the system!

Then I installed the card in different PCI slots. With the same result.

Next I selected "Add Legacy Hardware" in the Actions menu. It worked and I coud install the drivers. I had to restart my computer but during the rebooting from Vista the system crashed and I had a blue screen. It was not possible with the installed driver to load windows. I had to deleete the drivers. But there was anything crashed in system 32 and I had to load an image to rebuilt my system.

Next I have installed the card in different PCI slots. With the same f... blue screen!

Then I went back to windows XP and I could easily install the driver. I did this only to make shure that everything on my hardware is working.
I am pretty desperate. Since 2 days I am trying to work it out. I have written as well to RME support but at the moment they are helpless. So I am wondering what to do. I have invest a lot of money to upgrate my hardare and now I can't use the system!!

I am shure there must be someone how experienced a similar problem. I am in the middle of a project and I would be very pleased for your help.

Many thanks from Berlin.

Re: Latest HDSP 9632 driver is not recognized from Vista x64

Was the card in the PC when you installed Vista? If so, do you see an unknown (audio) device in the device manager? If yes, proceed as under "Updating the driver" in http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=732

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Latest HDSP 9632 driver is not recognized from Vista x64

Many thanks! Live can be so easy when we know where o go.
The link helped: "Updating the driver" in http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=732

My system is working I am so happy....

Thanks again.