Topic: PCI and Express card controller for Fire Face 400

Hi everybody

I have read here at the forum, TI chipset is the way to go for firewire controller card.
But do you have some specific manufacturer you suggest for both PCI and Express card controller for Fireface 400?

Best Regard

HP

Re: PCI and Express card controller for Fire Face 400

Hi HP,
The SIIG express cards have worked well for us.
But be warned if you laptop already has compatibility issues with firewire devices it may not be fixed by adding a firewire express card.
The various motherboard devices and BIOs can interfere with a express firewire card whether or not it is a TI one.
You won't know until you try unfortunately.

Chris

Chris Ludwig | ADK Pro Audio
www.adkproaudio.com
https://www.facebook.com/adkmg

Thanks Chris

Maybe I have to forget my laptop (HP Pavilion dv7), and buy a SIIG PCI firewire card for my desktop.
I will do some test.

Thanks again

HP

Lacie, St Lab cards are TI.

I've just finished solving this problem my self, which subsequently ended up using a different laptop. However i spoke to RME support on the phone and the guy did suggest a TI chipset card, which i purchased. This didn't cure the problem. I would say if the laptop hasn't an agreeable chipset it's all over.

I have read plenty of postings where guys use HP laptops, you might get away with it. My dell inspiron 1545 on paper says no, but with a TI firewire card installed and the wifi disabled it works grand.

Hi Andy

So you was foced to another laptop, seems pretty hard to make it work if the onboard chipset is not 100%.
Maybe I have a chance to borrow an Express card with TI chipset and do some testing.

Thanks

HP