Topic: spdif input for fx, a few things

hi there

this my set up

logic 9
fface 800
daking mic pre iv
lexicon mpx100

i have set up the lexicon to return into the rme in stereo via spdif which is all fine.

Just out of interest:

should the fface be on master?

Also can I choose where to put the returning input visually?

i.e. if spdif inputs are on fader 9+10 inputs by default can I move them to fader inputs 17+18 by selecting "spdif" in the little black box under the faders.

If so this would be great as at the minute I have it set up as follows:

inputs:
1-rme 1
2-spare
3-daking 1
4-daking 2
5-daking 3
6-daking 4
7-rme 7
8-rme 8
9-rme 9
10-rme 10
and would prefer to have it as so:

1-daking 1
2-daking 2
3-daking 3
4-daking 4
5-rme 1
6-rme 7
7-rme 8
8-rme 9
9-rme 10

i take it this isn't possible as you can't move the rme inputs around. 

sorry if very basic, new to this
thanks

Re: spdif input for fx, a few things

hi!

no, you cannot "reorder" the input channels... you should watch the RME youtube channel, to understand the basics of totalmix: http://www.youtube.com/user/RMEAudio!

@ master: RME is known to work very reliably as both master and slave... I generally tend to use my RME as master, but there are a couple of pros and cons here - so I suggest you use what works!

best,
laex

DC rules!

3 (edited by dougens 2010-04-16 21:26:44)

Re: spdif input for fx, a few things

laex wrote:

hi!

no, you cannot "reorder" the input channels... you should watch the RME youtube channel, to understand the basics of totalmix: http://www.youtube.com/user/RMEAudio!

@ master: RME is known to work very reliably as both master and slave... I generally tend to use my RME as master, but there are a couple of pros and cons here - so I suggest you use what works!

best,
laex

thanks for reply laex

i would use my rme as master as well usually.
excuse my ignorance but if i have rme as slave where is it clocking from? 
the lexicon is not a clocking device as far as i am aware.
i thought that the mater is the unit setting the clock signal and the slave the unit syncing with the master.

so if i was to add extra mic pre's with adat out i would need to sync them with the rme via word clock or adat and would want the rme to be the master as its superior as a clocking device??

thanks for replies