Topic: Where is driver v3.012?

Has driver 3.012 been removed?

MC's original post on this driver from March 31 - http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic … 460#p38460 - has also been removed.

Re: Where is driver v3.012?

Yes, there were problems.  It is being reworked.  Stay tuned!

Hope they will fix invalid TCO tab one some units. If there is hardware problem on some units (and rme is unwilling to solve it) it would be fine - just "for the sake of sanity" to hide it by software...

You got something else to say? It starts to get boring.

And if you were really interested in this fix you would have tried 3.012 already - had been up long enough.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

19 frets wrote:

Yes, there were problems.  It is being reworked.  Stay tuned!

Thank you for your reasonable answer.

I'd not kept up with the threads re 3.012, because I'd been using my Digifaces the last few months.  I was recording yesterday with my FF800 and it occurred to me that I should update the driver, but of course I couldn't find the v3 one.

I meant no criticism.  It was just a simple question.

Ira

@ RME software support:

If you answered my questions I'm shure things would not get so boring.

Acoording to 19 fret's post I'm glad I did not waist my time with 3.012. Not beta tester...

I tried 3.012 and ended up with two sets of mixer icons and setting dialogs, after a complete uninstall of the older drivers. I even cleaned all references to the fireface in the registry. Windows 7 x64. I hope a new driver arrives soon.

kasaudio wrote:

@ RME software support:

If you answered my questions I'm shure things would not get so boring.

Acoording to 19 fret's post I'm glad I did not waist my time with 3.012. Not beta tester...

The v3 driver, if I recall, was never added to the official "Downloads" page.  I'm fairly certain Matthias said that it was a trial version, and that's why he announced it in the forum and provided a link to it from the forum and not from Downloads.  It was never their intent, therefore, for it to be something other than a beta.

You should have been more careful, read MC's post more thoroughly.  I don't think RME is to blame for your problem.  It was "use at your own risk, and please report back with any problems."

Ira

IraSeigel wrote:

You should have been more careful, read MC's post more thoroughly.  I don't think RME is to blame for your problem.  It was "use at your own risk, and please report back with any problems."

I do think RME is to blame about the false TCO tab. Some users also have pops and clicks related to this "temperature" related problem.

I never used any driver rather than official one. And I never will. Discussion about what was said right or wrong from my side about v3 driver is completely irrelevant, there are more relevant things to talk about.

An

kasaudio wrote:

IraSeigel wrote:

I do think RME is to blame about the false TCO tab. Some users also have pops and clicks related to this "temperature" related problem.

I never used any driver rather than official one. And I never will. Discussion about what was said right or wrong from my side about v3 driver is completely irrelevant, there are more relevant things to talk about.

An

It's completely relevant.  You posted your comment/criticism in a thread about the v3.012 driver.  If you have another comment about an issue that doesn't relate to v3.012, then you should have posted somewhere else.  Otherwise, people will get the impression that your problem is related to v3.012.

If the TCO tab issue is related to V3.012, then it's related to a beta version of the driver.  If the noises and temperature problems are related to v3.012, then those stem from the beta driver, as well.  If they don't have anything to do with v3.012, then why did you post in this thread?

Ira

I can not say whether this false TCO is related to driver or not. With older driver versions (2.992) this invalid TCO tab does not show up. So it is not clear to me whether it is hardware / software or mixed problem. In the past it was said from RME tech support they are working on the false TCO tab. Then it was said it is temperature. No usable response about this since then. I opened separate topic about this problem about a week ago, again no response.

Intent of this post was to inform users there could be some problems related to new series of drivers, flash update and maybe hardware. (And to inform tech support we are still waiting for correct answer and solution from them).

If I could access this 3.0 driver I guess would try it.

And just one thing for the end...

MC:

You got something else to say? It starts to get boring.

And if you were really interested in this fix you would have tried 3.012 already - had been up long enough.

I think I did not ask or say anything stupid. If user forum like this exists it is fair and expected to answer to user questions. After all I'm RME's user for quite a long time and answer like this is not the way to treat your customers.

I wrote some things int his forum which were not true in the end - not on purpose. In such cases I posted explanation or correction.