Topic: When can we expect Global recording on Mac Intel ?

we are using 2 madiface and 1 Hdsp Madi to record 64 tracks with Nuendo 4.3 on live recordings.

With the last apple system version, we get troubles with nuendo ( it stops recording some time without knowing about what it does it !)

So from we need to launch 3 or 4 records to be sure to get an entire session !!!! It's amazing and we live with a feeeling of insecurity ! And when records stops we have to spend time to collect different sessions to get an entire one...

When digicheck will be able to record 64 tracks on Apple system without any trouble ? (I'm not against RME products for sure, but we are waiting for a stable way of recording. It works on PC, and what on the way with Mac Intel ?).

Grag38

Re: When can we expect Global recording on Mac Intel ?

So no one from RME can tell me why there is no Global Recording with DC on Mac Intel ? What a pity...

So from, Pc systems with window$ OS are much powerfull to record 64 tracks at once ?

What really are the troubles with Mac OsX that do not allow tho realize that (technically I mean).

Thanks friends

Hello everyone!

I would be generally interested, where the development for Mac is standing right now. As far as I am informed, RME released the last update in December 2008  with Alpha-Version 0.541
Further questions about the development didn?t get answered either...

Are you going to stop the DC-Mac-Project? Would be a shame, because I love it!

Have a nice day
philoTon

Fireface 800, 2x RME Octamic D
MacPro 2x3GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
MacBook Pro 2,4Ghz
Nuendo 7.1

Are you going to stop the DC-Mac-Project?

Of course not. The Mac version works very good and provides the same feature set than the Windows version besides Global record and some minor function.

best regards
Knut

5 (edited by Grag38 2010-03-26 00:55:33)

nice but we need global record ! may we expect some improvment about this ? soon ?

philoton wrote:

As far as I am informed, RME released the last update in December 2008  with Alpha-Version 0.541

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.ph … _digicheck

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

WE NEED GLOBAL RECORD UNDER OS X!!!

I think it?s a shame that a manufacturer of professional audio equipment like RME is not able to release a REAL version of DigiCheck running under OS X, with all functions the windows version has.
And I think it?s even a bigger shame that I can not find any official statement from RME concerning this.

I am really disappointed the first time since I am using RME and I hope you will do anything soon.

Regards.

ilsanker wrote:

WE NEED GLOBAL RECORD UNDER OS X!!!

I think it?s a shame that a manufacturer of professional audio equipment like RME is not able to release a REAL version of DigiCheck running under OS X, with all functions the windows version has.
And I think it?s even a bigger shame that I can not find any official statement from RME concerning this.

I am really disappointed the first time since I am using RME and I hope you will do anything soon.

Regards.

I think it is a real shame people can not respect the meaning of free in free software. DC is a goodie you'd pay a four figure amount when purchased from any vendor. If rme do not have resources left to run DC development at a faster pace, respect that, period!

Else put bootcamp and a cheapo XP on your machine an run it from there, I've been doing that for a while, until I ditched Apple stuff for their hardware crappiness.

I prefer people in general as well as developers not to make promises they could most likely not keep. It is the most professional attitude not to go into talking about things, where's nothing to say, and then you'll get what you get, when things are done. I rather take that a million times than the usual marketing blah.

Best regards

BV

On the other way an version of opensource sources would allow people to help to the project. Today releasing sources to the community makes thing to go fast and it's nice for the company that releases sources.

In other way, I'm disapointed that Linux FF400/FF800 are still not released...

DC is an excellent software, this is the reason why Mac users can feel frustrated to not having global record.

Grag

Grag38 wrote:

On the other way an version of opensource sources would allow people to help to the project. Today releasing sources to the community makes thing to go fast and it's nice for the company that releases sources.

In other way, I'm disapointed that Linux FF400/FF800 are still not released...

DC is an excellent software, this is the reason why Mac users can feel frustrated to not having global record.

Grag

I, for one, don't think open source would necessarily speed up DC dev, and also there might be several hardware specs involved which most likely can not be opened.

When one is using Global Record it is not very likely she'd need any other OS X specific apps by the same time, so using a Bootcamp/XP combination and let DC be the tape machine should pose no problems. By the time I took this route I even used it to replay recordings via TM with presets including routings to outboard and submixes. No hazzle.

One thing however to be aware of is the need of making XP able to write to HFS+ disks. I then was using MediaFour's Macdrive, but would also go the other way 'round and use any of NTFS formatted harddisks, like the XP system or other partitions in Bootcamp and afterwards let OS X read and write to it via NTFS-3G which you can have for free while MediaFour charges around 80 Euros for, I think it was, two seats.

That's about it, no complaints necessary .-))

Best Regards
BV