Topic: FF800: fw800 connecting (code 10)

Hello! I have a problem with my fireface 800.
My sistem includes windows 7 and sonnet allegro fw 800 pcie.

I istalled sonnet to computer and windows installed driver automatically. Then I connected ff800 to pcie card with fw800 cable and installed fresh driver from rme-audio. The `host` red diod stopped to shine but when I tried to play wav file whole system freezed so i had to restart it using restart button. Next time it was the same.

Then I installed unibrain driver for windows from sonnettech as sonnet guys advise for making device working with windows. I refreshed ff800 driver using instructions from rme-audio but windows showed code 10.

What can i do to solve this problem?

P.S. I have 2 of FF800. So I think it should be better to connect them using fw800...

Please help! Thank you for understanding. kps

Re: FF800: fw800 connecting (code 10)

The unibrain drivers do not work with the FF. The standard ones from Windows should. What chip does this card have?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

This card has Texas Instruments chip.
Hole system freezing when FF800 starts to work with windows drivers installed for pcie card as I wrote higher.
What card should I use? 100% card?

hello i have problem whit my 800....i connecting whit 800 cable to pci LACIE 800(texsas instrument chipset)  and in the firefacesetting have error....the playback have any problem