Topic: M-32 fan control

Hello,
I just want to make a remark:
I'm working with the M-32 AD in combination with Cubase 5. Bevor I start the recording session, I have to switch off the fan manually. Isn't it possible to connect Cubase and the fan of the M-32, so that this step is redundant? My Idea is that everytime I press the record button, the fan stops automatically and when I end the recording session the fan starts again.

I'm aware that Cubase has to sent a Midi command. I'm not sure if Cubase is able to do this!

With kind regards

Re: M-32 fan control

Hello Hosenpapa,
can you explain on how you switch off the fan of the M-32 AD?
Thanks!

The new MIDI commands will be found in the updated manuals next week. About Cubase having this MIDI automated string sending - I think this is a question for the Cubase forum.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

maybe you can explain how to switch off the fan? Haven't found it in the online manual.

Thanks,
Ulrich

Thanks to MC - you are totally right with Cubase.
@Ulrich: With the lastest version of Midi Remote (1.60) & the latest Software for the M-32 you can stop the fan by clicking "silent mode".

Thanks to all

Hello MC,
do you have new information about midi commands or the updated manual?

Thanks

stops the fan: F0 00 20 0D 32 00 20 27 20 F7
starts the fan: F0 00 20 0D 32 00 20 27 40 F7

Hello MC,
I put a Topic in the Cubase Forum and this is what the GRAND SENIOR MEMBER of Cubase.net wrote:
This is one of those questions better put to Matthias over at the RME forum. Cubase's Record button outputs standard Rec On/Rec Off MMC sysex strings. Ask if the RME software is capable of directing those commands to the unit's silent mode operation.

Please, help...
Regards
Michael

Interesting info. Will put this on our list.

The manuals have been updated and are available for download.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME