Topic: External effects routing problem with Nuendo and FF800

I have an external effect set up in nuendo so that upon inserting it on a channel it sends to OUT 3 and back into IN 3. FYI this is being sent to a distressor. After enabling the external effect on a track something strange happens.  It does indeed send the track to the distressor and back but it is also outputing signal to OUT 2 (my right main monitor channel). So what I'm hearing out of my monitors is the track unaffected to my right monitor and the compressed signal being sent out as it should centered to my main outs 1\2. Its as if inserting the external effect bleeds the audio track to the output 2 of my fireface.

I hope that wasn't too confusing.  To help it explain it a little better Ill add this.  With the external effect inserted if I turn the volume down on the distressor I am still getting unaffected signal being sent to OUT 2 on my fireface. Note the audio track (the track in which the external effect is being inserted on) pan is set to center. If I pan it hard left the mysterious bleed disappears on OUT 2.

This happens even after I ctrl+click preset in totalmix so that shouldn't (in theory) be my issue. My vst connections in Nuendo are set very basic.  There only ins and outs I have assigned are my main monitors out 1\2 and a single external effect on 3 IN\3 OUT.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mike

Re: External effects routing problem with Nuendo and FF800

If the signal appears in the FF mixer middle row on ch 2, then this is a Nuendo problem, not a FF800 problem. Since the preset reset does not fix it, then it's quite likely this is the case.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: External effects routing problem with Nuendo and FF800

Thanks for the fast response.  Yes, its showing outputting on the second channel. Off to the Nuendo forum I go.... Again...
Thanks