Topic: lost RME CD, how do I install usbmixer.exe and firefaceusb.exe?

I have downloaded the "driver_usb_win", and at the first run they both popped up after the installation, but now, I have to click on them on the folder and the usbmix doesn't work, firefaceusb runs but when I close it doesn't go in the notification area but just disappears. There is also no trace of the icons in the taskbar properties.

the FF works just fine. This is on Win 7 64

Re: lost RME CD, how do I install usbmixer.exe and firefaceusb.exe?

You should get a dialog box for each program at reboot, asking if you want to run or block. Do you see this?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

You should get a dialog box for each program at reboot, asking if you want to run or block. Do you see this?

if you are referring to the UAC dialog box I have disabled UAC. if I look under msconfig at startup I see both but the path only says the name of the file.exe. Also, it is not listed under the programs and features.

Perhaps a reinstall is in order... make sure to use the Update Driver wizard (Rt click on the FF UC in Device Manager), and select "Don't search", "Let me pick from a list", then browse to the unzipped driver folder to direct the wizard to the INF file.

Since you don't have the CD, get the driver from the link below. This will be the current, up-to-date driver anyway.

http://www.rme-audio.de/drivers_usb

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Perhaps a reinstall is in order... make sure to use the Update Driver wizard (Rt click on the FF UC in Device Manager), and select "Don't search", "Let me pick from a list", then browse to the unzipped driver folder to direct the wizard to the INF file.

Since you don't have the CD, get the driver from the link below. This will be the current, up-to-date driver anyway.

http://www.rme-audio.de/drivers_usb

thanks Jeff, I will try that. But I am still confused as why there's no actual "setup.exe" or "install.exe" to properly install the two apps. Their behavior is a bit odd. They don't actually install but they write the window register to run at start-up, they don't create a link into the start>programs menu. Does anybody understand what I am trying to say? is this the way it is supposed to be?

Yes it is supposed to be like that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME