Topic: Multiface died

Hello,
I'm devoted user of RME products for 10 years. First interface I've purchased was "Audio link" (sold under Steinberg's label), than Multiface, than Multiface Mk II (not Multiface II, just revision with blue faceplate) - all three on PCI cards, and finally FireFace 800.
I still use all of them and all of them worked perfectly - 'till a week ago.
When I powered up my studio, Multiface (the grey one) stayed with an "host error" lit.
Night before, everything was shut-down normally, whole system worked perfectly.

I tried to change cable from PCI card to interface, tried with external power supply (bought from RME - input 100-240 V AC, output 12 V, 1.25 A DC), tried to change PCI slot - no luck...
I did an flash update (with cold boot), updated driver (3.083 wdm) and - nothing.

Also, when I put other Multiface (Mk II or AudioLink) box, PCI card comunicates with it normally - so the only "non-working" suspect is grey Multiface.
All of Multiface systems are on Windows computers (XP SP2, one card in each computer).
Maybe I should mention - when starting Windows, the red "error" light is on (which is normal, until the driver is up), and instead of "flashing" MIDI IN and OUT lights, they just stay lit (together with HOST ERROR).

Any suggestions?

Re: Multiface died

I guess the unit needs repair, sorry... Please contact your retailer or local RME distributor.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Multiface died

Hello, Daniel.
I've sent you an e-mail regarding this advice...
I already tried with local distributor (I live in Serbia), and their servicing department told me that they CAN NOT fix it. How can I send my unit somewhere else, to manufacturer?