Topic: Help with RME Adi-8ds and Digidesign Digi 002

I need some help trying to figure out why the digi will not clock correctly from the RME.

I've set pro tools to use the adat optical port as the master clock.
Then set both ad and da on the rme to internal. It still seem to drop out and has random pops and clicks.

If I set pro tools to internal clock and rme to read the input clock it works.

I've run this set up with a rosetta 800 and ada8000 before and it worked fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: Help with RME Adi-8ds and Digidesign Digi 002

Hi Phil. Should work just as you expect, but I remember a user called me with similar problems using an M-audio interface. The only way to get it working was to change the clock mode in PT, then close the app. At the next launch the clock setting was correctly applied.

You can check the ADAT cable, and possibly the ADI 8, by doing a loopback (ADAT out to ADAT in on the ADI-8) with settings as above and look at the ADAT LED - if it's blinking, there is a problem. Try changing the ADAT lightpipe cables, but if it still doesn't work there may be a hardware problem with the ADI-8.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I'll try the loopback test. 

I've tried different cables with no luck.

Right now, I'm using a Behringer ada8000 and it works fine.

If I use the internal clock in pro tools, the RME will work.  But the internal clock in the 002 is not very good at all.  I think the ada8000 sounds better than the 002.

If there is a hardware problem with the ADI-8 ds, what are my options?  Is there a service center where I can send it for repair?

Thanks,
Phil

It's probably a power supply problem, if anything. Where are you located?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Kentucky.  USA.

Send me an email if you want to send the unit in for bench tests and service if necessary.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I did the loop back test and the lights did not blink.  I hooked it back up to the 002 and no luck.  I'm goingt to test it with a 003 and maybe another system.

Here are some pics of how I have everything set up.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-co … ost5357017

I tried the 003 rack today.  Hooked it up and it works fine clocking from the RME.  The clock source in Pro Tools is set to adat (optical)  was going to try the word clock if that didn't work.