1 (edited by tjb1 2010-04-30 21:07:31)

Topic: MultiFace Inputs - How to utilize more than 8 analog Ins, How?

I have a Multiface. It states it is capable of handling 16 +2 Ins. How would I do this? I am already using the 8 analog ins. How would I achieve 16 Inputs thru the one Box/PCI Card. Does it mean I need to get an ADAT Machine? or is there another way via Optical.?

Re: MultiFace Inputs - How to utilize more than 8 analog Ins, How?

You need an analog to ADAT converter with eight inputs, like the ADI-8 DS. There are also other converters in all price classes on the market.

best regards
Knut

Anyone know of a cheap method of doing this as the ADI-8-DS is over $1K. I could get a ADAT for under $100, I dont even want to record on it, only access the extra 8 analog ins and acces those channels in CuBase.

There are several mixers on the market that will do the conversion and give you a mixer the preamps that the mixer may have on board as well as some will act as controllers for some types of software. Many of are over 1000.00 but you getting a great deal more than just a converter.
   But if you after the best quality rme has converters as well.

I think the SM Pro Audio stuff might work as suggested by another user. Anyone had experience with these units? Are they good?

The cheapest way to go is still the Behringer ADA8000 for an additional 8 I/O to/from ADAT at 44.1 or 48 kHz. There's been a lot of discussions on Gearslutz about this unit's quality, but it's your best bang for the buck at about $200 USD new. There's usually some on the bay too.

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1