Topic: windows on mac

I have been using an HDSPe PCI card very happily on my mac pro for years without issues.  In order to run the new SADiE 6 software I have installed a copy of Windows XP SP3 on it via Boot Camp.  After dealing with the partition map problem successfuly (windows wont see drives with the GUID/Apple partition map) my next problem is to install the HDSPe card which is neither shown in the device list nor detected as a new device despite the fact that it works perfectly under OSX 10.5.8.  Does anyone have any experience in this field?

many thanks

Many thanks
Chris Thorpe

Re: windows on mac

Please check Device Manager again, the card should be detected as "unknown device" or "multimedia audio controller" under the Other Devices heading.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: windows on mac

Yes it was that.  I thought it might be but was a bit nervous about going ahead without a bit of advice as I know very little about windows.  I have managed to install the driver and S/W - all shows up and the mixer and HDSPe settings panel are visible and seem to be working.  My digiface is locked and responds to changes in the HDSPe settings.  Should I be able to use the digiface to output stuff from W media player,  I have not managed to do this so far.  I would like to be able to do this to verify that the RME device and windows are talking together properly as I have a sync problem between the SADiE 6 software and the RME device - I think it is a digital sync problem as there is sound but it is of a very lo-fi "dalek" like quality.  The SADiE plays back through WDM ok.

cheers

Many thanks
Chris Thorpe