Topic: Flashing adat2&spdif led

Hi,

I have Fw800 and I have adat1 & spdif in use. The strange thing is that those lights are flashing and it seems quite random flashing. If I change the clock source to e.g adat1 -ten adat 1 led stops flashing but spdif still flashes. Do you guys know what's going on?

Simo

Re: Flashing adat2&spdif led

What have you connected to the FF and how is the sync setup?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have connected Apogee psx-converter to adat-1 and Api-Preamp (with convertors) to spdif. I have tried to set the clock source to different sources (adat1-spdif) and the flashing stops always on the selected source so e.g. if I choose the adat1 as a source -the led of adat1 is solid but spdif will flash and also adat2 if it is in use...

Simo

You always must have ONE clock-master and all others have to be slaves...:-)

regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

Yes I know... What I know if you set e.g. adat 1 as a master clock (as I did) it should be ok. Or what did you mean. Today I did a session again and it seems the the leds are going crazy... this must be some kind of sync problem....

Setup today was: Fireface 800 - Adat 1(Octamic 2) - Adat 2 (Apogee psx100- 2xssl superanalogue channel) - Spdif (Api A2D). So I had all the adats and spdif in use. In the preferences dialogue I set the Adat 1 as a clock source and the autosync was on....

So the Adat 1 led was solid as it was the clock source but the other leds (spdif and adat2) were flashing like crazy....

Simo

Hi Simo,
You have multiple Master clocks. The API and Octamic2 are both AD only device so will only function as master clocks unless you use word clock.

I would have either the RME Fireface 800 or the Apogee PSX-100 be the master.

Having the RME Fireface 800 be the master will be by far the most convenient sense you will able to switch between different project sample rates easier.

So you would need to do this setup.

Octamic 2 ADAT out to RME ff800 ADAT 1 In
Apogee PSX-100 ADAT In and out to FF800 ADAT 2 In and Out
FF800 WC out to API A2D using a T-connector on the API
Via the T-connector to RME Octamic2 WC in and use the termination switch on the Octmic2.

Set the Apogee to slave via the SPDIF
Set the API to slave via the WC IN
Set the Octamic to slave Via the WC In

This should make everything slave to the FF800.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig | ADK Pro Audio
www.adkproaudio.com
https://www.facebook.com/adkmg

Thanks Chris! I will try this setup and I will get back to you and tell how it went.

Simo

I was still thinking that how come it's not possible to e.g. set the api a2d as a master clock from the preferences dialogue? It should have decent clock. And via spdif it shoud be fine? Or am I wrong?

Simo