1 (edited by Rci 2010-05-03 07:37:00)

Topic: No light coming out of 17 to 24 optical output

Hi,
I have owned a HDSP 9652 card for a little over a year. I had stopped using it for about a month just recently. When I connected it back up (to a yamaha ls32) I could not send from the third optical out. After downloading updates and checking the connections I found there was no light! 1-8 and 9-16 are find but 17-24 is not working. I have checked the cable that links them and it looks fine. I also noticed on the software (DSP or the other one can't remember the name off hand) on the pc that I am getting signal so that path is alright.

At the moment I am trying to use 16 channels in (from desk) and using 23 -24 to send back to the desk in stereo 2 channel.

I have not had any problems with the pc at all. I don't know why it has stopped. I read through the manual but found nothing.

Any ideas?

Re: No light coming out of 17 to 24 optical output

If the light is off, the ADAT port is physically defective... The card will need repair, sorry.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Rci 2010-05-05 01:44:37)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply and letting me know.
To say I am happy about the problem would be lying as I am quit annoyed. I rang the place where I had purchased it and they asked  the repairer and warranty about it as well. The reply back was of concern. They tell me that they can have a new part sent straight away. They knew what the problem was straight away (without even checking the card!). This leads me to believe that there is some sort of defective part in the manurfacturing of the card. If I remember correctly I paid around 1200 to 1400 dollars for this card and to only last a a little over a year is very dissappointing. As well now I have to shell out more money because of a manurfactures defective part? This doesn't seem right.
It is a nice card though and it would be nice to let people know about these things when making purchases. I feel somewhat swindled.

Apart from this it seems to be a very nice piece of equipement.

Hello,

I'm personally not aware of a known issue, and in any case, your card is still under warranty. Please mail me details of where you purchased the card etc.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello Daniel,

Thankyou for your responses to my questions and also being patient with me. Sorry if I sounded upset in my last post, I am just a little annoyed.
I rang the shop I bought from and they said the warranty has expired. I bought it from BSG in Brisbane Australia.
I purchased the card at the end on September 2008, which means it was 1 year and 6 months old when it stopped working. I have been told that the warranty is only for 1 year, unless something is amiss?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

we have a two-year warranty. If the shop is being difficult, please contact Steve Lincoln-Smith at Innovative Music, who will be pleased to help.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the information. I have asked them twice about the warranty and they keep telling me it's 1 year. I will be contacting Steven Lincoln-Smith on Monday.
Thankyou for your help in this matter. Sorry for the fuss.

Sorry if I was mistaken here - seems things are in fact different down under... Anyhow, contacting Steve will be a good idea.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

Just an update. I was have tracked down the warranty issue. They have told me that it's a 2 year warranty from the date of manurfacture. Does this sound right? That means that the card was one year old when I bought it??? I bought it brand new!

Thanks