Topic: HDSP 9632 problems with linux

Hei!

I have some strange problems with the HDSP 9632 PCI on a openSuSE 10.2. There is, as far as I have figured out, only possible to have sound output when using the channel 4 and 9 (R/L). The sound which comes out is, however, as it has been pitched down to half speed and with some distortion. In my experience there is also very limited options to what I can do with settings and configurations within the HDSPmixer and the other panel (HDSPpanel?). For instance the faders does not work for me I can not route the sound to where I want etc.

HDSP 9632 PCI
MSI P35 NEO Socket 775
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz 1333Mhz Socket LGA775, 4MB
Corsair Value S. PC5300 DDR2 2048MB
XFX GeForce FX5200 256MB DDR
Audio codec Realtek ALC888 (does not work)
OpenSuSE 10.2

Anyone who has some experience or suggestions I would be very greatfull

Cheers,
Olav

Re: HDSP 9632 problems with linux

Hi Olav,

As I understand it, ALSA project is not working with the new firmware. Not sure if this is the answer, but you could try to flash the card back (on a Win PC or PPC Mac) to the 151 firmware.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads_driver_archive.php

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hei Jeff!

First of all I will try to find out if Alsa tries to solve the problem, if they can, as there have been several recent updates of Alsa. However, I don't know if it has anything to do regarding this issue. I just installed Windows on a partition  to test if I could get the soundcard working, which went fine. Rather convenient if I have to flash the card back;).

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know about this option.

Cheers,
Olav

Thanks Jeff!

I flashed it, and now it works fine!

Great! Thanks for confirming.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.