Topic: Dumb Sync Questions

Hey all!

Silly questions:  before I pony up and buy a raydat or MADI system, I want to know whether I can sync 3 digimax fs (for d/a and a/d) as well as a multiface II to a digiface clock as master using the spdif out from digiface spdif out to Multiface II in, and adat sync to the digimax fs units with the digiface as master?  I used to use word clock, but I would rather avoid all that cabling at this point, and using the optical cables to sync seemed to make sense. 

Also, am I better off using word clock and one of the digimax units as the master clock? 

I am using the unit for a live sound FOH for a cover band, so I would like as much stability as possible.  Some of my word clock cables appear faulty (custom maker apparenty sucked) and I thought I could just use adat. 

Last question:  does it make more sense to move to 1 card (i.e., raydat) if I want to have 32 i/o going all the time?

Thanks!  Any advice would be great.  We have used the multiface/digiface combo for many shows, including opening for wyclef and others, and I just want to have the most stable clock package I can.

John

Re: Dumb Sync Questions

In principle, you can sync to ADAT just as well - the setup should work (if I understand it correctly).
A single card may be practical, but if everything works fine, there is no immediate need to change anything, I would think.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME