Topic: didgi 9632 driver question

Hi first off I apologise for a couple of things
1. I have posted in this catagory because I cannot find as " general " catagory
2. This question may well have been asked many times
BUT

I have been away in asia 4 years, I have now returned to my beloved studio in the u.k

Now when i left the uk the system of win xp pro and rme digi 9632 i/o of soundcraft spirit 328 desk worked fantastically.
Now I am back wanting to buy a new computer to take advanatge of Win 7 /vista  increased performance, BUT I want to retain
the use of Rme 9632 and spirit desk which worked fine for my needs

I have looked at the rme site and cannot see any drivers above xp
Is there anyway to get the digi 9632 to run under vista/win 7 ??????

thank you for your time
I apologise if this is a silly question but it seems crazy to dump the great card into the trash
best
dan

Re: didgi 9632 driver question

Are you talking about the DIGI 9636?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I am indeed Matthias

Answered often in this forum. ASIO 32 bit will work. Else no way.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

sorry as I have tried to say I have been away 4 years, can you explain a little.
what do you mean by asio 32 will work?
work with what ?
Vista?
win 7?

The driver is 32 bit only, so it works in 32 bit OS, either XP, Vista, or Windows 7. Since there is no WDM support, only ASIO applications can use the DIGI cards. This means pro audio apps like Cubase will work, but iTunes and system audio do not.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff that is great as it is used only for ableton live, soundforge and vegas etc
guess it is time to update the O.S

thanks for info

Hi,
I'm looking at upgrading to a 64 bit OS, but would be installing  CBase 32 bit. 

Would this allow the driver to operate given CBase would be at 32 bit?

TIA

No.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ta MC,

I half expected that to be the case. sad

Any suggestion/advice about hooking up 2 puters. I have considered the CBase system link and also VE pro,
but the later would need re-activation of network services on the MB and increase my budget for extra software?

Thanks again for the response

FAQs:
Is it possible to use RME drivers under Windows XP 64 bit (Athlon and Opteron)?

No. Although Windows 64 allows to run 32 bit software (as Windows XP still allows to run 16 bit software), drivers must be 64 bit, or they won't work. These special drivers will be released in the future (no date yet).

Dont Faq me plz!
for when this x64 driver?
I love my RME 9636 and I cant stop imagining how it works at 64 bit
Come on guys, so difficult to develop a driver for this? thanks

Ouch.  I found this thread too late.  I've been trying to help a friend out with his Win7 x64 install.  Long story short, in another thread I read that the 9636 with the daughter board is basically the same thing as a 9652, so I recommended to my friend to save a few bucks and buy it. When we downloaded the HDSP drivers for installation, the card could not be recognized.

So if I'm reading the information here correctly, the card won't work under Win7 x64 or any 64-bit OS for that matter.  But if he could swap it for a 9652 it would have current x64 drivers available, correct?  Or if he installed Win7 32-bit OS, the HDSP drivers on this site would give it ASIO functionality.  Please confirm.

Thanks.

DIGI 9636 + EXB (and new EPROM) is the same as a DIGI 9652. Not the same as a HDSP 9652. DIGI (old) cards do not work on any 64 bit OS, HDSP (current) cards do.

Please clarify your question.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks for defining the difference between the DIGI and HDSP cards. I believe I get the picture now. I'm having a hard time locating drivers for the DIGI 9636/52. Can you post a link?

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads_dr … hive.php#4

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks very much, Daniel.  One more question.  This particular piece was purchased via Ebay and the seller included the wrong adapter cable. How can I order the correct adapter?