Topic: Logic and FF UC Crackle Problems (New User) Forgive me...

Hi guys,

Just got a FF UC two days ago and have had mixed times with it so far! When I first installed it with the drivers supplied on disc it seemed to work fine. I then updated to the newest Version on RME website which cited better SL support. It now doesnt work very well at all with horrible crackle coming out of both speakers but most notably the left channel with hardly any sound coming out the right.

I obviously then resorted to uninstalling the driver from LIBRARY/Extensions/FirfaceUSB.kext and reloading the initial one from the CD which worked fine but now it still crackles just as bad. I have also updated the Firmware but to no avail.

I am an experienced user of LOGIC 8 and understand most of the lingo but in reality the FF UC is a big jump up on the technical side of things.. I can almost smell the quality of it and I know its going to be a great piece of kit, however, these initial problems are somewhat annoying!

My system is:

MACBOOK 13' Early 09
Dual Core 2ghz
2GB DDR 3

Logic Express 8 with 64 samples selected and Safety Buffer Unticked ( I have also tried varying sample rates with Safety buffer ticked)
Mac Os X V 10.6.3

FireFace UC (MAC then Serial number)
Driver V 1.13
Firmware V86
Clock Source set to Internal

All my wireless and Bluetooth functions are always off as I have my Internet through Wired RJ 45 too.

I have searched the internet and these forums for similar problems but havent come across any as of yet so I hope someone can help!

Best regards,
Stoz

Re: Logic and FF UC Crackle Problems (New User) Forgive me...

http://www.rme-audio.de/drivers_usb

Current driver is 1.40 and firmware is 104. You have to update the firmware to match the newer driver.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hey,

Thanks for getting back..

When I used the flash update tool it stated (Up to date) in the status but I flashed it anyway and still it sits at V86...

I have since resorted back to the safety Bios and older version of the Driver. I shall try another attempt tomorrow and let you know.

Regards,

Stuart

Jeff,

After doing a clean install of the Drivers once more and flashing the Fireface it seems to be working fine which is a bonus. Now just to tweak Logic to make it more efficient and learn about Totalmix!

Regards,

Stuart