Topic: Multiface LED is "RED" HELP

Hello friends,

I have had the Multiface for 5 years now and there has never been any problems. I dont think there is a problem also but today AFTER windows 7 64 bit did alot of " self updating" then when I start Windos up then the multiface " blinks" just for a short time like normal, but then it normal turn green and now it turn RED.

So what the hell did Microsoft do now. I am in the middle of a production :-(

What can I do to get it to work.

Thanks very much

Michael

Re: Multiface LED is "RED" HELP

AND NOW IT WORKS :roll

So I shut off the computer, like I already had done for 4 times to see if it worked. But this time I shut down the power from the Outlet amd then I unpluged the Firewire and waited for 1 minute.

Then I started all up again.  The led was still RED when it came into Windows but then a few sec after it blinket and went away. I then started my Octamic 2 and the green led went on for Sync

If I shoudl get rid of my OLD multiface what you then be the best upgrade ?   I have the new Octamic 2 so woudl that ex be a Fireface 400 ?  or the Baby face ? .  What is the difference and which fits my Octamic 2 best ?
Regards

Michael

If it works now, I see no need to exchange the MF...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

It works but it is really strange. TOday I had to reboote 4 times and pull out ht eFirewire cable and then the Multiface blinks and turn yellow and then back toi red and then it does it again and then it is ok.

It must be becasue of some Microsoft updates :-(   It sucks big tiume that I can not just turn on the computer and then I am up and running.

Is there a new update on the way better than 3.083  and that maybe are more compatible to WIn 7 64 bit ?

It is like the multiface struckles to start when the computer starts. It blonk and blink and blinks and then turn RED.

So I have to close everything down and pull out the firewire and wait for 5 min and then start up and then sometimes it work and sometimes it does not. 

I had theis problem before in Windows XP, but suddenly a RME driver update removed the problem. But now in Win 7 64 it is back. m

So I think it can be fixed with a driver update of some kind.

Thanks

Regards

Michael

How old is the PCI card and what's the card's hardware revision?

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

Is the only way to see that if I open the computer and look at the PCI card ? .  When runnign the FUT it says rev 17.  I bought " audiolink 96 " and Pci card in 2002 I think and it has been work perfect. I have then added the Octa mic 2 last year.  All working perfect together.

I will look in the computer tomorrow.

Regards

Michael

The revision number is printed on the card.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

FWIW I had a PCI HDSP that started to act in a similar fashion - it eventually died.  Not saying this is about to happen to yours, but your symptoms sound loosely similar.  The card eventually wouldn't show up in the Device manager at all - but still powered the Multiface.

If turns out this is your issue, then repair is no longer an option for the PCI HDSP cards - but RME will give you a small discount on a new replacement card in leu of a repair...

Just an FYI  cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Michael,

I have a multiface which turns green and then red every so many boots... (or stays red throughout the entire boot)
I usually solve it by disconnecting the "firewire" cable which runs from the PCI card into the Multiface and connect it again.
Just pull the plug for a few seconds.

Did you try that ? That works for me...

Arjan.

Arjan S.
Pro-Found Recordings & SAE
Owns:Hammerfall9652,Multiface I,2xADI-8 Pro,Fireface UC.