Topic: dsp 9632 Help

I own an RME Hammerfall dsp 9632 I recently had my computer fixed and when I put the leads back into the computer I accidently stuck the lead from the monitor into the audio out of the RME 9632 (worst luck they are identical) instead of into the video out, it was before I had got to see if it was all working properly, could this damage the RME ?, the monitor was powered up at the time.

Anyway the soundcard would'nt work and when I ran a check on the soundcard in windows its says no soundcard contact vender, I have unplugged it and put it back in many times, I know the computer repair man had it working because I had used it previously.

Thanx for any assistance

Re: dsp 9632 Help

Usually this should not break something, the monitor does send only some and then harmless signals into the card which would not destroy anything. But as your card is no longer found you should send it in for a quick check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Thanks for the fast response, I live in New zealand and it looks like the nearest place to send it  is Australia, What would you recomend, Thanks.

First try it in a different computer...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Okay thanx that may take a little while to sort out as the guy who installed it kept complaining about the soundcard being not compatable, so I will find another repair person, could you direct me to the exact drivers I need to run it on XP and windows 7 as the repair guy said the ones I gave him on the disc were out of date and the one I downloaded was the wrong one.

Cheers.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/hdsp_wdm_3083.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanx for all your help, fast replies, definatly a bonus when buying a product off a company, and is something that keeps you using the same trusted company, I have dealt with to many companies in the past who have bad customer service, and sometimes no service at all, All The Best.