Topic: HDSPe AIO headphone noises!

I just installed my new HDSPe AIO card, put on headphones, and was slightly in shock because I am hearing almost everything that happens inside my computer! When I do nothing, there's slight background hum, when I move mouse there is slight hiss, when I drag a window on the screen, there's louder hiss of another timbre, when I copy file I get crackles and squeaks in unison with HDD activity, etc, etc.
These noises are quite loud and annoying.
Is there something I can do with this problem? Maybe my card is defective? I had never had any such problems with my previous soundcard installed in this computer (Infrasonic Quartet which is a pretty cheap home studio oriented card), headphone out was dead silent on it.

Re: HDSPe AIO headphone noises!

I had the same problem with my AIo. I fix the problem changing some bios value. I disable  EIST, C1E and C3/C6/C7 state. Mi AIO is dead silent since I disable these features.

Thanks for your suggestion, Atom, but unfortunately in my case disabling these settings didn't solve the problem. I think the noise got a little quieter, but it's still loud enough to be annoying. As a workaround for now, I installed my previous soundcard back in PC, connected it to AIO via SPDIF and just use it as a headphone amp.
I have also noticed that the same noise is present on analog outputs (currently I have only unbalanced RCA breakout cables) as well. It is not that noticeable (it has level of about -91 dB), but still exists.
I am now thinking it's probably a defective card, I'll try to replace it.

Has this headphone issue been eliminated?
I've been thinking about buying the AIO, but I don't want to be stuck with this noise problem. I record and sometimes mix with headphones.

thanks!

Arp_ wrote:

I have also noticed that the same noise is present on analog outputs (currently I have only unbalanced RCA breakout cables) as well. It is not that noticeable (it has level of about -91 dB), but still exists.

I had this issue with my HDSP9632 when using unbalanced cables. I could hear every mouse click!
Then I switched to balanced breakout cable, and it's perfect now.

But I never had an issue with the headphones.

You could remove all cards except your graphic card and then try again. If the noise is gone, then reinsert one card after another.
One other thought is: IRQ-sharing. Maybe your graphic card is sharing an IRQ with your PCIe slot. Try to put the AIO into another PCIe slot.