Topic: Fireface UC + Macbook pro (Core I5) + Virus Ti

Hi forum. A month ago I ask here for Fireface UC and and FF400. After reading the post I think that UC will be better in near future (new UC totalmix, etc).

I?m from Argentina and about june 15th one friend will travel to Paris. I ask her to buy a FF UC for me and she said all right. My computer setup is a Macbook pro Core I5 (the new ones, mid 2010) and a Acces Virus Ti snow. I want to use FF UC and Ti snow (as a synth not as a soundcard) together.

When I use the Virus Ti sound as a synth AND as a soundcard, the Virus Ti report a message that "is in hub USB and this may cause some problems". I ignore that message and the Virus Ti works all right as a soundcard and as a synth. I must said that i don?t use any external usb hub. I think that the Macbook pro use same internal hub for SD card reader or IR.

So, my question is. Will be any problem using FF UC and Virus Ti (as a synth) at the same time?. Or is better in this case (more stable, more compatible) to buy the FF400?.

Thanks a lot for your answers. I estimate it a lot because in Argentina there isn?t any chance to try before buy.

Re: Fireface UC + Macbook pro (Core I5) + Virus Ti

Mmmmmmmm, no answer, tips or advice?

Any news about it?.

Will FF UC works fine with Virus Ti at the same time?.

Please help! The time to buy is very very close!

Last friday the fireface UC cames to me. Its great!

And its works great with Virus Ti snow in MBP core i5 at the same time!

Thanks for letting us know!

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

You?re wellcome!

And thankz RME for this fine piece of hardware!