Topic: What about RME: USB to STEREO XLR DAC???

Hi,
I love you company..
but the thing I need most is a usb dac, no preamp, no stuff, like the apogee mini-dac.
Are there any plans for you guys to create one? because I will wait!!! and i know a lot of people that wants this also.

I'm talking about a Digital to Analog(with USB in the digital input), with a "volume knob", 2 balanced XLR outputs, and thats it..
A build in headphone amp is a bonus :-)
And I personally don't need all the other features companies put in such things..

Thank youuu

Chimera

Re: What about RME: USB to STEREO XLR DAC???

Babyface does what you are looking for, and at a good price. If there are extra features you don't use, who cares?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by chimera 2010-07-08 12:14:42)

Thank you for your answer!

Yeah, but all the preamps, and the in and outs takes place from higher quality d/a converters?

It's an amazing elegant small audio interface..

but, I was talking about pure Rme monitoring reference interface.. that is d/a oriented..
Are you planning somthing like this in mind?

Thank you,
Chimera

Yeah, but all the preamps, and the in and outs takes place from higher quality d/a converters?

No.

but, I was talking about pure Rme monitoring reference interface.. that is d/a oriented..

The Babyface has the same reference converters like the M-32 DA. If you need something "pure" choose the ADI-2. The DA section got exceptional reviews even in the hifi world.

best regards
Knut