Topic: HDSP 9652 query

Recently was impressed by seeing the 9652 in action and total mix that I had the opportunity to buy a pc a while back with one equipped, also with a Tdiff daughter card  and couldn't resist. Now I have the time to build my studio I have noticed that the red  light on the adat 1 isnt showing like the other adat banks and was wondering if it was:

a) Anything to do with the Tdiff daughter card

b)if not,  Is it repairable and would it be costly if it is damaged.

Thanks

Gary

Re: HDSP 9652 query

You mean the (one) TOSLINK output shows no optical signal?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Correct, the adat 1 shows no Toslink output. I have it connected to my sony dmx r100. No channels 1-8 coming through to Total mix, my other card on the mixer sends signal ok to 9-16.

Thanks

4 (edited by Randyman... 2010-07-11 01:20:17)

Verify your SPDIF Input (or output as I believe you are referring to) is set to "COAX" in your DSP Settings Dialogue (I believe it defaults to "Optical" and basically converts ADAT 1 into a Toslink SPDIF Input port).

If you aren't even seeing the red light at the ADAT OUTPUT port - then it could be a hardware failure.

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Hi
Had chance to look at the DSP settings and the SPDIF in is set to coax and no red light still.  Do you think this is a hardware failure? possibly a costly one.

Out of interest do you know  where  I send it to  have it looked at. Im in the UK.

Thanks for your advice

Gary

Are you looking for an ADAT light on an ADAT INPUT Port?  You won't see one at the Input Port - only at an ADAT Output Port (and through the cable if you unplug it from the associated Input).  The "Input" accepts the light/optical signal and won't emit one of its own...

If this is indeed an ADAT OUTPUT Port and you don't see the ADAT Light - then it could be a hardware failure.  I have no clue about a repair estimate in that case...

Can you describe your system config and clocking in detail?  Something else might be going on...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8