Topic: Saving input gain

Ideally I would like to control input gains on the FF 400 from an application that is using it but have been told this is not possible. Is there any way to save the gain settings so they can easily be restored.

I am using the FF400 in an application that requires calibrated input levels.

I tried searching the forum and found nothing. If I missed an answer, my apologies, I know it can be frustrating to re-post previous answers.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Re: Saving input gain

The first four inputs have gain settings... Maybe you could explain what exactly you need.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The software calculates sound levels and so needs a calibrated input chain. The user calibrates using the measurement microphone and a calibrator that supplies a known sound level. The software then knows that a digital value of xxx corresponds to a sound level of yy dB.

Changing input gain will change this calibration.

Ideally I want to either:

1) Control the gain from my software so that I can reproduce the gains used during calibration.
2) Read the gain levels so that we can correct the calibration in software (I prefer this option).

Alternately, we would like the user to be able to save and then recall settings used during calibration.

Is any of this possible?

Chris

4 (edited by chris_p 2010-07-19 18:51:39)

I am guessing from the lack of replies that nobody knows how to do this.

Any final comments anyone?

Thanks

Chris