Topic: Both FireFace 800 socket broken is fireface 400 still fast enough

Some time ago I hade to re install my DAW Rig when I re connected my fireface 800 Both FireFace 800 socket broken and fell in the casing is fireface 400 still fast enough to run all my stuff or should I get it fix anyway and where in Montreal Canada ?

the most stuf that I have running at the same time is when I record Drum and it's about 9 or 10 mics ( Kick,Snare top ,Snare Butom,Hat, tom 1 - 2 -  3, floor tom and 2 Overheads)
... small studio

I know that the bandwidth of the 800 should be double of the 400 but is it for real ? ... I am using the unit as we speak but only one of the adat port is active the second one is not
connected and I turned if of in the fireface setting in the Bandwidth limit

I don't want to loose my unit for a couples of week or more for no reason but in other case I don't wanna get stuck if I need extra bandwidth for a special project extra mics or something like that, costumer can be vicious if everything don't go as plan

Thanks

P.S. I still love and use RME Products but your Fireface 800 socket SUCK need to be made harder to break ... this is a PRO level unit it need to be able to witstand some use

Mac OSX 10.6.4
Dual Quad Core Xeon with 10G Ram
Cubase 4/5, Logic Pro 9
RME FireFace 800, OctaMic

Re: Both FireFace 800 socket broken is fireface 400 still fast enough

A single FF800 should be able to run all I/O over FireWire400 assuming you don't have any FireWire400 incompatibility issues.

If you were running 2 or 3 FF800's on a single FW400 Bus, you would likely run into bandwidth resctrictions...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Like I said in my Signature I use 1 Fireface 800 and 1 Octamic for now ...

- assuming you don't have any FireWire400 incompatibility issues.

Is there issues ... cause I never read anything about that

Mac OSX 10.6.4
Dual Quad Core Xeon with 10G Ram
Cubase 4/5, Logic Pro 9
RME FireFace 800, OctaMic

No problems here using FW400 with a FF800 and two Octopre LE connected through adat :-)

-----------------------

Various ADK computers :-)