Topic: Connecting my fireface 400 to Mac & Pc + shutoff

Hi there,
I am a owner of a RME Fireface 400.
Been using it on my pc for the past 3 years and been greatly satisfied. Only thing I never understood was that "pop" sound gettin in the monitors when I shut off the pc..
Now since I got a Macbook recently I decided to make a connection to the laptop.
Atm I got a firewire 400/800 converter (since new apple has totally removed the "old" 400 connections), I detached the cable from the pc and used it for the mac. Absolutely no problems with installing, everything looks perfect.
First thing I was wondering, since Fireface has 2 FW400 connections, is it possible, if I go and buy me the other cable, to have both pc and mac connected to the Fireface? Will they work at the same time and if so won't there be conflicts with software or whatsoever? Most of all cause I don't think I have setted the softer in the same way for both.
Second questione of "less" importance. With pc my Fireface turned off...with the macbook it stays on unless I don't detach the power cable of the laptop. But doing this gives me the same "problem" I have for pc, which is when the FF400 shuts off I can hear a pop sound in my monitors. Is it ok if the FF400 stays on constantly? Is this pop sound a symptom of something that is not correct?
Thanks guys for help

Re: Connecting my fireface 400 to Mac & Pc + shutoff

You can only connect the FF400 to one computer at a time.

It's OK if the unit stays on. If you want to turn it off, use the switch on the rear panel - when set to EXT with no external PSU attached this cuts the power to the unit.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.