Topic: Multiface and Win 7 x64 getting sound problem.

Hi,
I bought new computer and I move from Vista 32 bit to Win 7 64 bit.
I installed all the up to date drivers. However, I couldn't manage to get any sound from multiface output. I try to choose  Windows-->Control panel --> Sound --> Any of RME Hammerfall DSP (Spdif, adat etc) and test it, I get this error:
"The device is being used by another application. Please close any devices thet are playing audio to this device and then try again"

However, I just re-install windows and not using any application at all.

So what should I do to get windows audio from the RME Multiface?

All the best
Koray Ustuner

Re: Multiface and Win 7 x64 getting sound problem.

Did you also update the firmware with the Flash Update Tool to match the driver? Do the HDSP Mixer and HDSP Settings applications open when you click on the icons?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Dear Sir,
I did flash update "succesfull" after that I shut down and power off the computer about minute.
This is the error that I get:
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5918/rme.jpg

Hope it will help.
There are onboard soundcard installed and I connect its optical output to RME Multface's input, it works great. So multiface's optical input is working, I couldn't manage to get direct output from MF yet.
Thanks in advance...
Koray

My system setup is:
Gigabyte X58A-UDR3 motherboard (Revision 2.0)
Core i7 960 CPU
2TB Seagate XT Sata 3 Drive
nVidia GT460 GPU
Windows 7 64 bit

When I click DSP and Mixer icons on taskbar. They bring up, and it seens everything is OK.
RME Frimware revision is 55.

Hope it will help to solve the problem.

Regards...
Koray

Sorry, I really don't know what might be wrong. Everything seems fine on the RME side. Do you have any ASIO audio applications to try?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.