Topic: FF400 Keeps dropping R channel Audio (Output 2)

2.66Ghz quad-core
8Gb ram
OS 10.6.4
driver version 2.73
firmware version 1.69

Fireface 400 keep dropping Right audio channel and only plays from the Left. Right channel, in this case assigned to Output 2, only emits a fuzzy buzzing sound. This has started happening after installing the driver before this latest upgrade. Is this happening to any one else? If i re-install the driver and flash the firmware a couple of times, I can trick the interface into working for a few days.

Help?

Michael

Re: FF400 Keeps dropping R channel Audio (Output 2)

Does this only affect 1/2 or every stereo pair of outputs?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

Yes 1/2 of every pair of outputs. I can move my monitors from outpair pair to output pair and only the Left channel plays.
Almost like the software driver has lost the ability to output channel 2. If i look at the mixer in the playback section, both outputs meters appear to be playing. Same with the output section, just no actual sound being sent out of the R side of the device.

Thanks for any help. Have tried re-installing and re-flashing, but now it appears to be permanently stuck in this mode.

Michael

What happens if you switch the left and right cables?
Does it "mysteriously" move to the left?

Macmini '19 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

5 (edited by darkbrightmusic 2010-08-11 15:41:20)

Hi redlogic,

Yes, If i switch the left and right, the problem does move to the left. It's definitely not a cable or speaker error.

(Edit)
I should clarify that when I mean switching cables, I just switch the R monitor to be plugged into Output 1 and the L monitor into Output 2. The buzz moves with whatever is plugged into the Second Output of whichever of the Output pairs I have connected.

Michael