Topic: International POWER Swtiching for the FF UC

Hi there!

I am a prospective FF UC User. It's very attractive due to Roundtrip latency results and future proof implementation. I will be upgrading to a non FW 400 MBP around december 2010-january 2011.
My question is this:

I will be using the FF UC largely in a Live Performance Application ---- as an interface for a MBP running Logic Mainstage. I am based in the States for now but tour internationally as well.

Since the FF UC is AC powered do I have to have the Voltages switched internally traveling from US to EU to Japan? or can I just hook it up to a Furman Voltage Regulator? or does the voltage automatically switch when plugging in a different Ac adaptor?

Thanks in advance for your response!
Jim

Re: International POWER Swtiching for the FF UC

Hi Jim

FFUC uses a self-switching external  110v - 240v power supply - all you need is the correct wall-plug  [ or wall plug lead ]  and you are good to go - also, the 2 prong lead that goes from the  external  110v - 240v power supply to the wall  unplugs from the power supply - so you can either buy a converter plug for whatever country you are in [ ~$5 ]  or a full lead for the country you are in  [ ~$10 ]

Ben