Topic: best software to use with RME fireface uc

I just purchased the RME ff UC today and it should be arriving soon.
I've been using mbox 2 for a while now and always figured I would stay with pro tools but its time to upgrade from my interface(mbox2) but after much research it seems RME ff UC is the best option for me since m-audio's interfaces seem to be having problem's i just returned my profire 610 and left a deposit for my ff uc.....so what i really need to know is whats the best software i can buy that works best and hopefully flawlessly with ff uc,so far im considering cubase5 i was also thinking of getting Studio One but in one of the post i read here someone said the ff uc wasn't working to great with studio one..
anyways any suggestions based on your experiences???

2 (edited by Dr Tone 2010-08-20 15:37:59)

Re: best software to use with RME fireface uc

Studio One works fine with the UC with large buffers.  As soon as you lower the buffers you'll get nothing but clicks and pops.  The Studio One guys have acknowleged the issue but don't know if they can do anything about it and will most likely need help from RME to figure out how to work with the UC more efficiently.  Where this stands at this point I don't know.

Cubase works fine with all buffer settings but isn't anywhere near as efficient as Studio One in the workflow.  I also like the end result sound quality from Studio One more.

It also depends of the power of your computer. Works perfectly for me with Sonar 8.5.3 Producer x64 and Windows 7 64 bits @ 48 samples of buffer.

Works great with REAPER on Windows XP SP3, though cannot go lower than 64 samples, at 48 it's a bit unstable.

Quad core system with Q9550, 4GB RAM.

- Mario

i7700k@4.2GHz/16GB RAM/RME FFUC/1.25TB SSD/4TB HD/Win10x64
http://www.reverbnation.com/errepici

5 (edited by ben ifin 2010-08-21 07:46:44)

In terms of feature set, developmental maturity, stability at super low latencies, proven x64 nativity and full Windows 7 X64 compliability, there is nothing that comes close to Sonar 8.5.3 X64 [ in the PC world ] *and*  it loves the FFUC at 48 samples - see the post below.

Link  <=  its a no brainer !!

Ben