Topic: DIGICheck Mac Version 0.5 Beta

Hello,

we have a new version called 0.5 Beta for Intel Macs. This one includes

- lots of bigger and smaller bugfixes

- same smooth meter display as under Windows (if you select 15 ms refresh rate)

- working F2/F3/F4

- english help with some changes to better suit the Mac version (not finished yet)

As before this version supports all cards supported by driver 2.66 (HDSPe series MADI, AES, RayDAT, AIO, MADIface, Multiface, Digiface, RPM) plus the two Firefaces.

If no bugs are reported we will add an installer and put this version on our website's download page. Please try and report back.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dc_090202.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: DIGICheck Mac Version 0.5 Beta

Hi Matthias,
This is brilliant... The smoothness of the level meters is greatly appreciated. I have noticed however, that the smooth setting only works for the 'Hardware level Playback' setting in 'Input device setup'... It could be my eyes playing tricks, or this could even be intentional?

So far however,I haven't come across any other issues. It's great to have the F keys functioning too!

Thanks and Regards,
Matt

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

No, it should work in any case. Before the level meters looked like flickering or stuttering, equalling the setting of 45 ms even if you set it to 15. In the new version now 15 really looks like 15 ms on Windows. Indeed the hardware level might be more flickering than the record input level display.

Try first with the 4-bar level meter. Increase its vertical size to at least 2/3 of your screen. Change the update time between 15 and 45 to see the difference.

Of course I can't rule out that there is still a bug preventing all displays to show the smooth behaviour, so we will check again too.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

And here is a new version with setup:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dc_05_setup.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hey Matthias,
I wondering if we are meant to be able to launch a .dcsu file from the Finder directly, without having to open it from the File menu in Digicheck (as you can on the Windows version). It seems that in 'get info' of the document file, it can't be mapped to the Digicheck application.

Regards,
Matt

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

I re-uploaded the above file. Changes: new icons (especially the 128 pixel one), default state changed to not set sample rate.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Any news on the HDSP PCI support by any chance?

First try: Running smooth and without any problems on my 2008 Mac Pro with Raydat. OS 10.5.5

Little question: Is there an option to let DC window stay in front?

Thanks again, great work!

MacPro'08 8x2.8, 10 GB RAM // MacBookAir 13" 2014
Logic Audio 10.2, Fireface 400

Not yet.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,

I'm trying to use the new Digicheck for mac, but I'm having issues with the RMS meter wich only blinking?

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I'm unable to find the user guide.

My config : Macpro 8x2.8/6Go ram, Os X.5.6, Multiface2

Any thought?

Thanks.

The user guide is included as online help. The Multiface does not support RMS in the hardware output, maybe you mean this?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Mathias for your Fast reply.

I've found the help files including the note concerning Multiface and RMS support? so bad.

Is RMS multiface support planed in a future update or is it a Multiface Hardware limitation?

Thanks

Is there a newer Digichk for MAC install?

P

Hi there, congratulations on getting this much awaited program out for Mac! As a ex RME on PC user who just moved to Mac, I'm psyched!

There something which I'm not sure is a limitation of my brain or the program itself: I can only select "Input" next to RME Devices, in the Input Device Setup... menu. Is there something I'm missing or does this come from my setup:
- HDSPe PCI Card
- Multiface
- Mac OSx 10.5.6
- Octo Core Intel Mac

I hope I won't have to use a loopback cable ! :-(

Best,

Jun.

Oops just realized its supposed to work for 2.66 and I have 2.65 drivers... Will change and post if it works....

Sorry for the multiple posts: it doesn't work (my brain or DigiCheck?)
Multiface rev 17 (on Slot-2, does it matter?)
HDSPe Driver 2.66

Best,

Jun.

Any ETA on Global Record? I'm REALLY looking forward to having that feature. :-)

Thank you for all the work you've put into this so far. I have enjoyed the RME Fireface and Totalmix far more than any other hardware/software combination I've used. It is incredibly powerful and sounds great!

Joshua

The download link doesnt seem to work.

post #4 from above

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dc_05_setup.zip

works here

regards S-EH

20 (edited by oceanviewstudio 2009-02-23 12:01:52)

Greetings,

Multiface II PCIe (Slot-2), Rev17, driver 2.66

Installed Digicheck, closed total mix. Opened Surround audio scope, play back DTS encoded DVD, the output is connected via spdif to THX surround sound setup.

No display. Zapped through all other functions, no activity in displays. Changed playback to Videolan player VLC, playback Radio stream, no display. Opened Kontakt Player, played some tunes, no display.

More than likely my lack of knowledge, what am I misunderstanding?

Thanks!

Georg

Read the information in the other thread. There is no support for playback except hardware level, which does not support sample-based functions. Perform a loopback and it will work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I've been working on a MacPro for the last couple of days (usually I'm on PC) and I tried the Beta. Mainly I've been using the multi channel level meter during tracking...

One thing to add: DC should remember the selected inputs and channel configuration! I had to reselect everything each time I started DC... (Or did I miss something?)

Great work again RME, thanks for a very pleasant working experience, again and again - even on a Mac (who would have thought it)!!

wink
laex

DC rules!

Hi,

i?m using Digicheck since the last Beta , i didn?t knew that RME released such a Software. I have to say : IT WAS BLOODLY NEEDED !
Thank you for that !!! Big Time !!! :-)
I?ve worked for years with you Hardware and encountered no Problems !

one Thing : Everytime i start Digicheck i have to manually set the input channels to let?s say Analog 1 + 2 . Is there a possibility that the Settings can be saved or at least the last state of it ?

Thx,

R

Asus X99 E WS, Core I7 5820k, 16gb Ram, PNY Quadro P400, Fireface 800 & 400, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

one Thing : Everytime i start Digicheck i have to manually set the input channels to let?s say Analog 1 + 2 . Is there a possibility that the Settings can be saved or at least the last state of it ?

Try
In DC / File / Save Setup or Save Setup as

but you need to have at least 1 DC Window open already
or you can't load Setup or Workspace, don't know if this is intended ?

regards S-EH

Hi there
I downloaded DIGICHECK for Mac and I got the "won't work on this system" message. I have a older Power PC Mac G5 Dual 2.0 running OSX 10.4.11. and the Fireface fronting Logic Pro 8 800.Am I out of luck?

Thanks,
John

Sorry, DIGICheck works only with Intel-driven Macs.

best regards
Knut

27 (edited by esaruoho 2013-06-21 10:17:25)

tunekicker wrote:

Any ETA on Global Record? I'm REALLY looking forward to having that feature. :-)

+1!!

only now remembered to install digicheck on my pc - to get at the totalyzer, then saw  global record!! wow!  to have that on the osx would be amazing! [s](once i can run my hammerfall multiface dsp box with my mbp...)[/s]

Edit: nevermind, there's no way I can ever use the RME Hammerfall Multiface box with my MacBookPro, ever.

RME Fireface UCX (macOS Mojave, Mid-2015 MBP)<-in use
RME Multiface (XP, PCG-GRX690) <-in a closet