Topic: Hook up more than one headphone on the UC

Hi guys

Let me tell you frst that i'm fairly new to audio interfaces and the hole recording on pc systems stuff.
I'm about to buy an UC cuz i've always liked RME's product line but one thing i noticed is only one monitor phone jack on the UC usb edition.

Now i don't have a booth or something set up yet, i would record everything in my room with the mic standing in the middle of my room...let's say a partner and former singer comes in for a session, he will need a pair of headphones for the recording obviously but what if I wanna monitor the recordings through headphones aswell?

Cuz well...i won't be able to monitor with my krk's if the mic is recording every little bit of sound in my room..like i said, i'm not able to (booth) isolate my mic atm.

Is there a way to hook up more than one pair of headphones to the uc? Am i missing something here?
How would i approach this?

Thanks for your kind help.

Re: Hook up more than one headphone on the UC

You'll need a separate headphone amp or headphone distribution system. This will connect to rear panel analog outs.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi jeff

Thank you for your fast reply.
So i would use the Fireface headphone monitor in to hook up the microamp?
Sorta like a usb hub?

Or which in exactly?

HeadScratch

Not sure what that means... Look at the Presonus HP4 for an example of a headphone amp.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

5 (edited by Spid 2010-08-26 22:10:32)

My question is how exactly would i hook up lets say a presonus hp4 amp with my rme interface if two headphones are needed for monitoring?

Thanks for the help.

2 analog outs (left + right) on the back of the UC [for instance, use 3+4 if you already use 1+2 for you monitors] connected to the L + R inputs on the amp.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

7 (edited by Arjan S. 2011-08-15 09:58:12)

For an illustrated way :

http://www.audiodude.nl/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/RME-setup-home.jpg

Does that help ?

Arjan

Arjan S.
Pro-Found Recordings & SAE
Owns:Hammerfall9652,Multiface I,2xADI-8 Pro,Fireface UC.