Topic: Fireface 800 Wont Register On My Mac Pro

I have just bought a fireface 800 and cannot get my macpro dual quadcore 2.8 ghz  to recognise the unit. I followed the directions exactly and the drivers are in the applications folder but I cannot open them. The red light stays on and so do the two green +4db lights. I sent it back to the place I bought it from but they said that the unit had the wrong Firmware on it so they updated it and gave the unit the all clear. It is still the same so It must be me but I have done exactly what the instructions say. Can anyone help
cheers

Re: Fireface 800 Wont Register On My Mac Pro

Which driver exactly did you install?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I installed the driver on the disk that came with the FF 800> I manually updated the drivers to the latest driver on your download page as I cannot get the auto driver loader to work. Cheers

I installed x86.gz
cheers

I am having a similar problem getting my iMac with intel v.10.4.11 to register my FF 800. It was working fine, then boom - nothing. I installed firmware update and the drivers off the website, but still having same problem. I tried the 400 port and that also did not work, but maybe for another reason? I installed the 262gz by the way.