1 (edited by Twigman 2010-09-07 14:59:22)

Topic: 3.085 driver HDSP9632 hosed the mixer?

I flashed my HDSP9632 to 154 and then loaded the 3.085 driver and seem to have mislaid the mixer in the process.......whre's it gone and why?

Of course once I'd flashed the card to 154 to install the x64 driver for Win7 I also had to update the driver in XP to 3.085 as firmware 154 was not recognised by the older Xp driver.

I have dual boot machine:

Partition1:

Win XP pro Sp3 32bit

Partition2:

Win7 pro 64bit

I updated to 154 per instructions with driver 3.085 which I needed to get W7pro x64 install running.

After doing this it appears I have no Hammerfall DSP mixer in either XP or Win7 installs!!!

I'm probably missing something obvious.

Edit:

No HDSP mixer icon in task bar in XP/W7
No way of invoking HDSP mixer as far as I can see.

Re: 3.085 driver HDSP9632 hosed the mixer?

Hi, did the driver install complete as usual? If so you most likely neglected to allow the Mixer to run at start up. Reboot and pay attention to the "Open file security warning". Notice the check box at the bottom.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Hi, did the driver install complete as usual? If so you most likely neglected to allow the Mixer to run at start up. Reboot and pay attention to the "Open file security warning". Notice the check box at the bottom.

Whoops!!!

it completed properly on both installs.
I selected Run and [ ]don't show me this box again when the machine was rebooted [Open file security warning]

So how do I get it to always run?

Help!!

gonna try a reinstall of the 3.085 driver in both OSs.

Should be quite simple. Only Vista never remembers your choice in the check box, XP and 7 should work as expected. Notice that there are two separate dialogs, one is for HDSP Settings, the other is for HDSP Mixer.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.