Topic: phantom power problem

I've got a problem with a phantom power on my fireface 800. When I switch it on there's a noise about -6 dB peak.
I don't know where it came from it happend suddenly. First 7th and 8 input after 9 and ten and I can't use my mic.
Help me if somebody already had the same problem!!!

Thanks

Re: phantom power problem

Is the noise there even without connected Mics? Then either the internal PPS is broken, or the Mic inputs have been destroyed. Then a repair is in order.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for an answer!!! There is noise when cable from FF input is connected to console without mic! But when I conect dynamic mic everything is ok that's why I thing it might be a softwear problem because phantom power of FF is softwear controlled only!

Thank you anyway!

I'll call the dealer here in BG and ask him what to do!

Regards

Tommy

This sounds like what happened to me first my 9 and 10 channels started making all this garbage noise with phantom power on, sadly on my new km184's now I just sat down to trouble shoot and now all the channels are doing it.  No noise when passive mic is plugged in, phantom power enabled brings on the garbage..it sounds like a bad ground like its flickering in and out, I tried different cables and mics, same issue.  A few weeks ago I did plug a bunk cable that soldered myself into it...., could this be related?  I did buy the unit used from a stranger so I don't know how its been treated before me other than it was working fine for a few months before this started.  Seeking advice!