Topic: Win 7 64Bit + FF800 Driver v.3020 = TotalMix not show up !?

Hello all users on RME forum wink

well my topic say it all - i just did frash installtion of W7 64Bit + FF800 Driver v.3020 -  the result is that i dont see the Totalmix icon on taskbar 0 but the fireface settings icon is there - i try to uninstall the driver then install back again - still same issue !

My friend had the same issue with driver ver 3.016 (we got same rig - same windows ver - same setup)

any idea on how to solve this - or what is the reson for this issue /?

Thanks wink

Re: Win 7 64Bit + FF800 Driver v.3020 = TotalMix not show up !?

Check the taskbar settings - the icon may be hidden. You can configure it to be always visible.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

This is the 1st thing I check - it was not hidden but I also make sure and config that it will always be visible , well same thing still not show on task bar only the fifeface settings icon is there - had this issue with bite 3.016 on my friend Pc and now on my rig with fresh install and 3.020 - weird thing. I willing to trubleshot this with some guide - thanks

Reboot and watch for the "Open File Security Warning" box. One of these opens for the Mixer app, and another for the Settings app, right after you install the driver. Make sure to un-check "Ask me every time" then click "Run".

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I don't have anything such as  "Open File Security Warning" box shown nor window popup , then also  Make sure to un-check "Ask me every time" then click "Run". I don't have such a selection in the driver installation process nor at the end of the process so I'm out in the fog with this guide thank for ur support smile have to get this solved never had such thing b4

Please check that the autorun of the mixer had been added to the registry. You might download Autoruns from Sysinternals for that.

Also try to start the file firefacemix.exe in Windows\system 32 manually.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by Ziki 2010-09-14 05:13:12)

MC wrote:

Please check that the autorun of the mixer had been added to the registry. You might download Autoruns from Sysinternals for that.

Also try to start the file firefacemix.exe in Windows\system 32 manually.

Solved (hope for good:) but 1st I address ur q? , the fireface mixer.exe was running if I lunch it from the driver pack (didn't try to lunch it from sys32 - cuz I already solved at this point)
The way it worked was to uninstall the driver not only from device manger that didn't solved last time but now I also go to add and remove programs and remove fireface then reboot and install the driver again and nowits working both icons in taskbar - hope this helps understand my issue if there is more  q? I can trubleshot to understand this in deep , any idea ?