Topic: Problems with my Multiface I.. I/O Box State Error

Hello,

I am having issues with my Multiface I. Recently, I have been seeing "I/O Box State Error" in my DSP settings. I have reinstalled all the latest drivers. I have reset the box by unplugging. Sometimes it does work but more often than not, i get the same error message. I know it is not a firewire cable issue or a software issue. I dual boot this computer and the same error message comes up on both computers.

when i click on the DSP settings, it says it is connected for a split second, and then it goes to ERROR

Is there any way to test this? could my multiface be broken?

Re: Problems with my Multiface I.. I/O Box State Error

also if it is my multiface that is broken, will the same PCI card work with a new multiface II?

The HDSP(e) PCI card or the CardBus card and the ExpressCard work all with the Multiface II.

best regards
Knut

Mind that with an older PCI card (1.8 or below), the MF II will need external power supply.
Apart from that, any combination is possible.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

update: seems that the multiface is picky with my firewire cables. i bought a new higher quality one and everything is solved. thanks.

6 (edited by sky8studios 2010-09-14 10:12:56)

and it just crapped out on me again...could this be a frozen chip issue? power supply issue? (i am running bus powered right now)

when i cold reset, everything goes back to normal for a little while and then mid session, it will go back into error mode. after that the red light begins flashing red.

7 (edited by niles 2010-09-16 07:51:48)

sky8studios wrote:

and it just crapped out on me again...could this be a frozen chip issue? power supply issue? (i am running bus powered right now)
when i cold reset, everything goes back to normal for a little while and then mid session, it will go back into error mode. after that the red light begins flashing red.

I have a similar problem with my Multiface for years now. I still haven't found the the malfunction and I should send the MF and the PCI in for repairs, but I just can't do without it wink
Anyway, something that did solve the problem me for about 80%, is powering the MF with an external 12v power supply.

Occasionally it still goes in "I/O Box State Error" but as long as the power supply is plugged in the MF connects again within 10 seconds or so.
For (live) recordings, where 100% stability is crucial, this isn't a solution.

Another thing I noticed is, my MF can suffer of the I/O Box State Error at the next boot, when the power of my computer is disconnected without a proper total shutdown (for instance when using a powersocket with an on/off switch or a PSU with a power switch).

Hope this is of any use!

--
RME AIO
P9X79, i7 3930K, 16GB, HD6450
Windows 7 pro 64 Bit