Topic: Fireface 400 - Bricked!

Hi guys,
Im desperately searching around for tech support at the moment, I cant seem to find anyone that can help.
My fireface died a horrible death yesterday, I was using it as normal at band rehearsal when the power to the unit seemingly failed. I had been using it on bus power so I assumed this was the problem, but plugging it into the mains didnt help either.
In short, the problem is when you first plug it in via firewire it swtiches on for a split second and then dies again. If I plug it into the mains, it switches on for maybe 1-2 minutes and the dies in exactly the same way.
It looks like something is seriously wrong, but I cant figure out what I could have done. I desperately need to get this fixed somehow, so please, post anything you can here. Any tips, suggestions, phone numbers, Ill take any crumb I can get right now.

For the record, my machine is a i7 MBP with 8GB RAM and OSX 10.6.4 on it. Im pretty certain its not the PC at fault as I have tried the fireface with 2 other computers, each giving the same result. I have also used a firewire HDD and DV camera with the MBP just to make sure the firewire port is working, and it is...

Thanks so much, please help if you can,

Dan

Re: Fireface 400 - Bricked!

Update: I still havent heard back from UK tech support. I know my fireface is out of warranty because I got it a fair few years ago now, but I do need to know if its going to be cheaper by much to get it repaired, or whether I should just bite the bullet and buy a new soundcard.
Anyone had similar experience to this lately?

Dan

Service should be relatively inexpensive, compared to a new unit, but of course the cost depends on what exactly has failed.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi jeff, thanks for the advice. While we're in the subject, could you give me the official line on the vest way to get the unit serviced here invite UK?
I tried getting a ticket from audiopros.eu but that doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere right now.

Thanks again,

Dan

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support.php? … tedkingdom

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.