Topic: USB audio problems

Hi all,
I got the UC as my bday gift. Was very excited about the reviews it had and happy about the much hyped USB performance. Recently started hearing dropouts when playing songs from windows media player and also during recording/playing from Sonar Cakewalk 8.5.
I read that USB 2.0 itself is the problem here due to transmission errors. Any fixes around for this? The UC is connected to the enhanced USB controller on my laptop.

System Specs.
Acer 8930G
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz
4 GB DDR3 RAM, 640GB HDD
2.8 GB nVIDIA 9600M

Thanks

Re: USB audio problems

Check with DPC latency checker if spikes occur.
www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

post back results..

Arjan S.
Pro-Found Recordings & SAE
Owns:Hammerfall9652,Multiface I,2xADI-8 Pro,Fireface UC.

I tried DPC latency monitor and saw some peak reds on the display when the drop out occurred. Turns out that my wireless internet driver is causing it. when I turn the wireless off and run 192kHz @ 192 samples, it runs so smooth. i updated my intel wireless with the latest drivers but still problem persists. looks like i should run my UC with the wireless turned off.
anybody with any other ideas/solutions?
as of now, I'm happy with my UC!!!!

Replacing the wifi minipci card with something else is the only direct solution I can think of.
Do not know for sure if that will do the trick though..

Arjan S.
Pro-Found Recordings & SAE
Owns:Hammerfall9652,Multiface I,2xADI-8 Pro,Fireface UC.

Check for the most current wireless drivers from the website of the wireless chipset maker (Broadcom, Atheros, whatever). Also check Microsoft's "Update Catalog" (Internet Explorer needed).

Timur wrote:

Check for the most current wireless drivers from the website of the wireless chipset maker (Broadcom, Atheros, whatever). Also check Microsoft's "Update Catalog" (Internet Explorer needed).

Actually he said he installed the latest driver from intel.

tyrosash:

Look to see if there is a bios update for your laptop.  In many cases it needs to be addressed by the laptop manufacturer and in some cases you might be stuck disabling the wireless.

Sorry, I missed that one sentence. You can try this: http://www.martin-majowski.de/wlanoptimizer/

And you really should give Microsoft's Update Catalog a try. I had been using their older version/date Broadcom drivers successfully while the newer version/date drivers from Broadcom's site where still producing DPC spikes (now they are finally fixed).