Topic: RME FF 400 Problems with the knob

I am having problems with my REM400.
I use it connected to a MacBook running Windows XP under BootCamp. (The audio application is Pyramix)

As soon as I start working the interface operates very well. After a while the digital multitask knob stops working and I am not able to change values using it.

For example:
If my headphones level is -6db and I want to change it I select the headphones output and turn it down to -12db. I can see the number on the display of the interface "-12". The problem is that the actual level of the output does not change and if I see the Fireface mixer in the computer still -6db! However if I change the value using the fireface mixer (from -6 to -18 for example) the level changes and the display shows -18.

Basically I am not able to control the level from the hardware.

Help please!

Many thanks.

Oscar

Re: RME FF 400 Problems with the knob

Try pulling the knob out slightly and see if it helps.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7478

Macmini '19 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

Thanks for sending the link REDLOGIC but unfortunately this is not the problem I am experimenting.
Physically the knob works perfectly, I am able to switch to any input or output and change the level but only in the display as the actual level does not change. If the level of my output 1 is 0 db I can turn the knob to -20, I see the number on the display but the fader in the fireace mixer still in 0db and of course the level remains 0db. If I move the fader down to -40db I ill see the number -40db on the display and the level will be -40db.... it's driving me nuts!!

Which firmware and driver? Such a bug had been fixed long ago...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias.
These are the versions I have installed:

RME  Intelligent Audio Solutions
Fireface 400/800
Driver for Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64 Bit
Important information: Driver version 2.9992

RME Intelligent Audio Solutions
Fireface 400
Flash Update Tool 1.70 for Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64 Bit

I bought the unit on march 2010... only a few months ago and the problem has been present all time, but I am running out of patience, it is quite annoying to work not able to control the level from the hardware.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
I look forward to hearing from you.

With best wishes.

OSCAR

Change to driver 3.020, maybe it helps.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME