Topic: Digiface+express card problem

Hello

I just bought a Digiface and a Express card to go with it. My Digiface have the red Host error LED lit. There's no other LEDs lit on the front, even with feeding it with signal from another device. Windows does recognize the unit in the Device manager as "RME Hammerfall DSP".

When i select the ASIO engine in my recording program (Reaper) there's no output/input at all. It does however show up in Windows (XP) as input/output devices (Digiface ADAT (1+2) to (23+24)). The HDSP mixer  show nothing.

The settings window shows the I/O box detected, but also some other strange things, such as no system clock:
http://soulhome.se/~tin/digiface_error.jpg

I'm using the latest drivers and firmware for my HDSP express card. I'm using the supplied power supply and "Firewire" cable.

Is something wrong with the box, the card, the drivers or my Dell laptop?

/Martin

Re: Digiface+express card problem

Have you tried replacing the FW cable? Which version of the driver is this?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by tin 2010-09-23 15:37:29)

I've tried switching cable, upgrading to Win7 and looking for clues in bios. I've even tried the box on another laptop that has the pc-card version of the HDSPcard working with a digiface box, but with my box attached the problem's the same.

Is this looking like a faulty digiface box, or is there anything else I can try before sending it in?

The driver version that iI tried is the newest on the download page: 3.085