1 (edited by Ventai 2010-09-26 13:04:53)

Topic: Babyface Linux driver support

I have heard word of no current (32/64bit) Linux drivers for the forthcoming Babyface release, and the current standing reasons for this. However I would like to post here my support for the possibility of progress in this area.

I believe development of this technology would be of great benefit to RME, and of course its users (NVidia have already gained their market advantage in the graphics cards arena).

Re: Babyface Linux driver support

I will probably buy one once Linux is supported, and know of at least one other Linux/RME user who will also.

yeah
i think so too. i would also like to have a linux driver for the babyface and updated multiface drivers...
maybe we could start a poll to see how many people think alike about this issue.
smile

I would really appreciate a linux driver for the RME Babyface smile

OSCAR for Android and iOS with TotalMixFX templates: http://www.oscar-app.de

I cannot really say something new in these pages but only reiterate the need (and a potential market for RME?) of linux support. I'm a linux enthusiast but I'm also willing to pay for a closed-source product that does something that the generous free-working developers do not have the time / resources to do, for example .... drivers for the GREAT RME Babyface!!!

Up!

I like audio on linux very much (thanks Apodio Linux!), I like RME hardware very much, I would love a babyface on linux!

There will be no USB Linux support from RME, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME