Topic: FF400 Sample Rate Problem in Sonar
I'm having problems with the latest FF400 driver v3.020 in Sonar. I use 44.1KHz/24 almost exclusively, but recently I've been working on an album that was recorded at 96KHz/24, and ever since then I've noticed that the FF400's driver drops out (?) whenever I'm switching projects of different sample rates. Sonar gives me the following message shortly after I start playing a project that was recorded with a different sample rate:
"RME Fireface 400
The above Audio/MIDI device was disconnected from your system.
Would you like SONAR to route these outputs to an available device?
Clicking 'NO' allows SONAR to remember output settings to this device.
Note: If playback is in progress, clicking 'Yes' will stop the transport."
Clicking 'YES' or "NO' solves the problem, but this message gets annoying after a while.
My system specs are as follows:
- Intel Core2Quad 9400, 2.66GHz.
- 8GB of RAM.
- ATI Radeon 3650HD.
- RME FF400 driver v3.020
- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
- Sonar Producer Edition 8.5.3 x64.
In summary, these are the steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open a project recorded at 44.1KHz/24 in Sonar 64 bit.
- Play the project for a few seconds and then close it.
- Open another project recorded at 96KHz and play it.
- You should now see the above message.
Thanks for your time!
EDIT: To add repro steps.