Topic: ff800 + win7 driver problem

Hi there,
been trying to get my ff800 working with a new win7 DAW for the last two days with no success. The pc is definately seeing the FF and the drivers are saying that they are correctly installed however the mixer and settings tabs in the taskbar refuse to open (I am also unable to open the flashupdate tool).  However I am running the latest 2.7.7 firmware and the latest win 7 drivers as well as the legacy firewire controller on a french version of win 7 home premium. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers countless times all to no avail. Please help!  Oh and its definately an OS prob as the FF runs fine on XP and Mac.

Re: ff800 + win7 driver problem

Is the HOST LED on or off?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

its on; solid red, also forgot to mention im runnin win 7 64 bit

How exactly did you install the driver? Did you see this? http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

yeah followed the instructions, the first few times I screwed up ie no legacy firewire drivers, not the latest firmware etc but I have since fixed all those problems uninstalled everything manually including goin through regedit to delete the fireface entries then restarted the whole installation from scratch following exact instructions on the site/manual but still same problem mixer/settings tabs appear in the taskbar but they wont open

If the LED is on, there is no connection/communication between the FF and the PC. Does it work on the same computer with XP or is this a different machine?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

different computer with XP so might be a hardware conflict? My set up is Asus Rampage 3 extreme motherboard with core i7 950, 6 gb of triple channel corsair dominator ram, Asus EAH5450 graphics and a 128gb crucial SSD.
Although there is definately some kind of a connection between the pc and the ff as it appears in the device manager accordingly with whether or not it is plugged in/switched on