Topic: confused about wdm streaming driver 3.085 multiface IIand cubase issue

hello everyone,

would be great if someone could give me a hint what the issue could be...
i'm running cubase 5 on windows 7... everything works just fine... but if i want to access the hammerfall settings within cubase (device manager-audio-ect) everything just freezes!

i think i've installed this 3.085 update when everything got wrong but i'm not sure...
what does this even mean? wdm streaming??

can i just install the old version and the old firmware???

thanks a lot and best wishes,
michael

Re: confused about wdm streaming driver 3.085 multiface IIand cubase issue

We have had a few such reports, we're looking at the issue. Meanwhile, you can simply open the settings dialog from the task bar.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

ah thanks for your quick response... so i don't have to install it again?!

but when i enter the seetings manually: hammerfall dsp settings: about: it says driver date 04/01/2010 version 3.08.4

i thought the new update is 3.08.5?? was my installation incorrect?

---

another quick question: do i have to check one of the boxes? WDM -check input? -syncalign? - interleaved?

---
you know, the issue is, that i want to play cubase via outputs3+4 and iTunes (i know) via outputs 1+2 (you can't change that) SIMULTNEIOUSLY... but now this doesn't work anymore... i'm sorry if i confront you with this, probably it's a cubase issue...
i killed the output 1+2 in my cubase settings but

The Multi Client operation still works fine AFAIK - You just have to DISABLE the associated WDM channels in Cubase.  So if iTunes/Windows System Sounds is assigned to WDM outputs1+2 - then DISABLE outputs 1+2 in Cubase.  Works fine in my systems...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

mika1976 wrote:

but when i enter the seetings manually: hammerfall dsp settings: about: it says driver date 04/01/2010 version 3.08.4

i thought the new update is 3.08.5?? was my installation incorrect?

Yes, that is an older driver.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Make sure that when you re-install the driver that you actually navigate to the 3.085 driver file on your PC as Windows will automatically select the currently installed driver as the default...

Any luck with your Multiclient issue?

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8