Topic: Soundforge 9 won't use rme drivers

Hi.....last ditch attempt......been on this problem far too long and about to give up......been using soundforge 9 under XP for a long time now......using thru a behringer bca2000......decided to try something more up market......bought a HDSP  9652.......on first computer, had problem of windows not seeing card......found solution on the net.....due to left over card drivers......fitted new hard drive....reloaded XP......loaded card.....now XP sees the card.....loaded soundforge.....sees rme driver but won't use it......power dvd on the other hand plays thru card fine......refitted first hard drive.......fired up behringer with soundforge......working fine.......find something on the net telling me how to uninstall past card drivers.....did......now XP sees card......power dvd on this drive works fine thru card.......soundforge won't use the drivers.....shows them as an option, but goes straight back to default!!!!!!!!! A real shame, as the one thing I have learnt is how much superior sound quality the RME is than the behringer......but my aim is to make music not battle with computers......wonder if anyone know what's happening? Bet I'll get a reply after I plumb it all back in with the behringer.....Thanks RHYS

Re: Soundforge 9 won't use rme drivers

Which driver version are you using now? And which firmware in the HDSP 9652?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias......been pulling my hair out this end.......loaded driver, and been trying some of these flash updates in the hope....driver currently says 3.0.8.5...... where do I find the firmware information? Very grateful for any help!
Thanks Rhys

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! Just listened to some music......gotta be the best sounding card I've ever heard......but as it's in my soundforge computer!!!!!!!!....I really need it to work with soundforge.....bummer!

RHYS

More details, please. What does "won't use" mean exactly? Is the HDSP set as default device for Windows audio? If so, try changing this to the onboard sound.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Tried it......made no difference......if under preferences on SF, the audio tab....click the behringer drivers......uses behringer.....click asio hammerfall dsp......goes to default......microsoft sound mapper......under this setting playback buffering for the microsoft sound mapper is 0.2 secs......if I click the hammerfall buffering is 0.0secs/ Does this suggest the driver is installed incorrectly?

Thinking of removing the card, removing the drivers, and starting afresh with the basic xp driver, prior to me trying some of these flash updates!

RHYS

Well back to simple driver 2.9.4.6............no conflicts on interupts........recognises wordclock fantastically.......works great thru power dvd......sounds incredible......still can't get Soundforge to work with it......packing in soon.......behringer it'll have to be!

The firmware is listed on the Settings dialog about tab.

I do not have SF 9, but it could be that this program has a problem with the high number of I/Os. Too many WDM devices and/or ASIO devices come to mind. To check that ASIO works please download DIGICheck from our website. If that program can use the ASIO driver then any other program should too (you could also try Reaper).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME