Topic: Weird stuff with FF800 and Win 7

I love my FF800, it's always been so well behaved.  Lately I've made two changes and things have gone haywire.  Hope someone can help.

First I've added a Lavry DA10 via the SPDIF out.  Fine.  A little improvement on the excellent FF convertors.

Second I've upgraded the PC and installed Windows 7.

Now the weird stuff.  I power the FF800 down at night but leave the PC on.  When I fire it up again in the morning Windows seems to have forgotten that my preferred playback device is FF800 SPDIF.  Ok, I can fix that in control panel.  It's also forgotten that my preffered input is FF800 1&2, so I try and click the recording tab under sounds in control panel and it crashes the PC.  Usually by re-booting 3 times it's all cool and groovy again.  Is this a Win 7 problem?

More weird stuff:

I usually record at 48kHz/24bit in Sawstudio.  Most times I then render to 44.1kHz/16bit.  Check the soundfile and it's fine.  Then I might go back to the multi-track (which is running at the higher quality) and this time playback goes haywire.  Audio too slow or too fast (can't remember which).  The lights on my Lavry don't correspond with the sample rate I'm using.  I figure I must be doing something wrong.

Can supply screenshots and more detail if you need?

Thanks so much for reading.

Help!

Re: Weird stuff with FF800 and Win 7

More details will certainly help. Is the FF driver up to date?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME